- New Biodiversity/ Killam postdoctoral fellow Rachel Germain arrived in September. Welcome, Rachel!
- Chris M. returned from a long field season in California with a van packed floor-to-ceiling with samples. Let the weighing begin!
- 2016 range-wide demography census for M. cardinalis is in the books. Southern populations are still hurting from the record drought.
- Amy just returned from a fun seminar visit to Penn State.
- The countdown is on: Barb and Rachel will be defending their MSc theses this term.
- New paper in press: Pironon et al. Biological Reviews, "Geographic variation in genetic and demographic performance: new insights from an old biogeographical paradigm."
- We are excited to host Xiaojun Kou and Kristin Mercer while they visit UBC on sabbatical.
- Megan and Chris M. recently launched large-scale field transplants. N=32,000 and counting!
- Amy will be visiting Uppsala in October to give seminars.
- Chris K., Rachel, and their able crew completed resurveying all 400 legacy vegetation plots in the North Cascades!
- Congrats to Matt for successfully defending is MSc thesis (and landing a job)!
- Papers recently out: Bontrager & Angert AJB, Muir Proc Roy Soc B, Muir & Thomas-Huebner Am Nat, Sheth & Angert Am Nat, Louthan et al. TREE
- We are excited to host Risa Sargent while she visits UBC on sabbatical.
- Seema's photo of M. guttatus was selected for the cover of the October issue of Evolution.
- Amy will be visiting Duke in October to give a seminar.
- We are gearing up for the annual SFU/UBC/UVic Eco-Evo Retreat in Brackendale.
- Papers recently out: Muir & Hahn Am Nat, Angert et al. Evolution, Muir et al. Genetics
- Seema successfully defended her PhD and is off to start her postdoc in Minnesota. Congratulations, Dr. Sheth!
- Rachel, Chris K., and Amy are headed into the field to launch the Cascades Resurvey project in collaboration with the HilleRisLambers Lab.
- Matthew successfully transplanted M. cardinalis into 10 sites at and beyond its northern range limit in Oregon.
- Megan is hunting for the lovely Clarkia pulchella in BC and WA.
- Chris represented the lab at the Mimulus meeting, held in conjuction with the Evolution meetings in Raleigh.
- Amy participated in a CIEE working group in Regina on "Canada's Phylogenetic Diversity in a Changing World."
- Papers recently accepted: Sheth et al., J Biogeog; Sheth & Angert, Evolution.
- Lots of new people are on their way! Rachel Wilson will be joining the lab as a MSc student, Chris Kopp and Anna Hargreaves will be starting postdocs, and Risa Sargent and Xiaojun Kou will be spending sabbatical.
- Megan passed her comprehensive exam with flying colours, and Matthew successfully defended his proposal. Congrats to both of them!
- Seema's defense date is set, and she will be starting her postdoc in Ruth Shaw's lab at the University of Minnesota this fall!
- Qin just returned from the Bodega Bay Workshop in Applied Phylogenetics, and she also found M. douglasii in bloom!
- Chris gave a seminar at the Harvard University Herbaria (and ran the Boston Marathon!)
- Amy is heading to UC Davis for a seminar in May.
- We'll be at lots of meetings this summer: a CIEE working group, the Mimulus meeting and SSE, the Gordon Conference Unifying Ecology Across Scales, and ESA.